During these past few months, Between The Lines accomplished a lot of great things. We have tons of exciting news in the coming weeks that we cannot wait to share! Within the past couple of days, however, the co-creators, Mayoori, Samantha, and Naomi had their first in-person meeting following the birth of BTL back in April 2016. It’s been six months since our launch and we did plenty of strategizing, building, and planning. With that being said, we also have our weekly round up:
- Jennifer Chan writes about Canada’s 150 “Birthday” (though we all know that Canada is much older than that…)
- Ontario’s Education Minister launches a probe but more has to be done in light of a trustee’s racist comments about a Black mother, Charline Grant
- You have ONE MORE day to support Migrant Workers’ Rights: Sign up and send a letter by clicking here.
- ‘Justice for Abdirahman’ coalition calls for Ottawa police race audit
- Here are some ways to engage in politics or other ways (thanks Samara!), following the Women’s March
Check out some photos of the co-creators at their first in-person meeting since the launch in July 1, 2016!